Closing Dates: 5.00 pm on 31st August. 2022.
Looking for an opportunity to study in the UK? Teesside University is happy to offer the Beth Mead Scholarship for international students who want to commence undergraduate or postgraduate study in the UK.
The Beth Mead Scholarship is awarded to support four future female football scholars to pursue a degree at Teesside University alongside their football training. The scholarship is offered for the academic year 2022-2023.
About Teesside University
The scholarship has been created in partnership with Beth Mead, Arsenal Women and England footballer and BA (Hons) sports development graduate of Teesside University especially for a national, international, and or professional female footballer. The scholarship award is worth £1,200 throughout their course along with other amazing benefits.
Teesside University is a public university, situated in North Yorkshire in North East England and is ranked 801st in the World University Rankings by Times Higher Education. Teesside is a high-performing global university anchored in the Tees Valley, inspiring confidence in the community and providing learning opportunities for all learners.
- The applicants must be national, international, and or professional female footballers who can contribute positively to sport at Teesside University through international level sports performance.
- The applicants must have successfully achieved a place on a course at Teesside University or be already studying here during the 2022 – 2023 academic year (all courses are eligible, both undergraduate and postgraduate).
The undergraduate or postgraduate programs offered in the field of sports at Teesside University can be applied for.
Admission applications can be submitted either via the UCAS Portal or the university portal. The scholarship application form must be submitted by all interested students by the deadline to be considered.
The students submit academic transcripts of all the previous schools attended,
- a copy of passports,
- letters of recommendation, and personal statements.
The suggested English language proficiency level is IELTS 5.0 or equivalent in an alternative English language test. UKVI-compliant English language proof may also be accepted.
Applicants must meet the entry and academic requirements of the course they wish to join at Teesside University.
The selected candidates will be provided a bursary of £1,200 and other benefits by the Teesside University such as:
- One-to-one mentoring with Beth, Strength and conditioning support
- Physiotherapy, sports massage, and therapy
- Biomechanical assessment
- Sport psychology support
- Bespoke nutritional support
- Lifestyle support
- Personalized sport science support
- Signed shirt by Beth
- Branded Teesside Sport kit
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities
- Gym membership